METLIFE WARSAW NAJDORF CHESS FESTIVAL – ACP OPEN
Warsaw, July 8-17, 2017
A – Open for players with Elo>=2200
B – Open for players with Elo 1600-2199
C – Open for players with Elo < 1600
D – Tournament of chess prodigies (born 2007 and later)
- Titular Sponsor: MetLife
- Organizer: gen. Kazimierz Sosnkowski Chess Foundation, in co-operation with the Polish Chess Federation.
- The Festival is a part of the ACP Open circuit.
- Patrons, sponsors, co-organizers: : Ministry of Sports and Tourism, Municipality of the Warsaw Central District, Warsaw Sports and Recreation Centre, Marshal's Office of the Mazovian Voivodeship.
- Technological partners: ATM corporation and IBM Polska Ltd.
- Chief Arbiter: FIDE Arbiter Paweł Suwarski
- Website: http://www.poloniachess.pl/najdorf2017 /
- Time and venue: The tournaments will take place in the Warsaw Sports and Recreation Centre at ul.Polna 7a in Warsaw (city centre) http://www.osir-polna.pl/
Detailed schedule (D tournament of chess prodigies):
V, IV, III and II category norms available;
Scoring the games is obligatory
Saturday 08.07.2017 10.00 am. – 7.00 pm. Rounds: I – IV
Sunday 09.07.2017 9.30 am. – 4.00 pm. Rounds: V – VII
Sunday 09.07.2017 4.30 pm. Closing ceremony
Detailed schedule (A, B and C tournaments):
Sunday 09.07.2017 4.30 pm Opening ceremony and 1st round
Sunday 09.07.2017 5.00 pm 1st round
Monday 10.07.2017 5.00 pm 2nd round
Tuesday 11.07.2017 5.00 pm 3rd round
Wednesday 12.07.2017 5.00 pm 4th round
Thursday 13.07.2017 5.00 pm 5th round
Friday 14.07.2017 5.00 pm 6th round
Saturday 15.07.2017 5.00 pm 7th round
Sunday 16.07.2017 5.00 pm 8th round
Monday 17.07.2017 10.00 am 9th round
Monday 17.07.2017 4.00 pm Closing ceremony
- Tournament groups and entry fees:
For players FIDE rated 2200 and higher
Entry fee: 200 PLN (or 50 euros). Free entry for GMs and WGMs.
GM, IM, WGM, WIM norms will be available.
The Organizer has the right to allow players aged under 18 and rated 2100-2199 ELO (as of 1 July 2017) to participate in the A tournament upon payment of 240 PLN (or 60 Euros) entry fee.
For players FIDE rated 1600-2199
Entry fee: 160 PLN (or 40 euros)
The Organizer has the right to allow players rated 1500-1599 ELO (as of 1 July 2017) to participate in the B tournament upon payment of 180 PLN (or 45 Euros) entry fee.
For players FIDE rated below 1600 and unrated
Entry fee: 140 PLN (or 35 euros)
A, B and C tournaments will be FIDE rated.
Tournament of chess prodigies (open for children born 2007 and later)
Entry fee: 60 PLN
It is obligatory to score games. Communication of playing children will parents, trainers, and guardians is only allowed in the presence of an arbiter.
- Conditions of participation:
- b) Payment of the entry fee not later than 20.06.2017 and payment for the accommodation (for those who are going to use the Organizers' hotels) not later than 01.06.2017:
- I) by transfer to the bank account:
Fundacja Szachowa im. gen. Kazimierza Sosnkowskiego, ul. Konwiktorska 6,
bank PEKAO S.A., XV O/Warszawa
account no. 95 1240 2887 1111 0010 0485 3355 (payments in PLN)
account no. 32 1240 2887 1978 0010 0563 6803 (payments in Euros)
SWIFT code: PKO PPL PW
IBAN code: PL 95124028871111001004853355 (in PLN)
IBAN code: PL 32124028871978001005636803 (in Euros)
Please clearly indicate which players the payment concerns.
- II) at the cash desk of the Foundation, ul. Konwiktorska 6, 00-206 Warsaw, from Monday to Thursday 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm;
- d) Players registered on 09.07.2017 will be allowed to play from Round 2 unless the Organizer, in accordance with the Chief Arbiter, decides otherwise.
- e) Entry fees are non-refundable.
11 a. Hotel Information
- a) The official tournament hotel is IBIS Stare Miasto Hotel***, Warsaw (ul. Muranowska 2, . http://www.ibis.com/pl/hotel-3714-ibis-warszawa-stare-miasto-old-town/index.shtml) - 4 km from the playing hall.
Attention: The organizers provide free bus transfer from the hotel to the playing hall for participants accommodated in the IBIS Stare Miasto Hotel. However, the participants must come back to the hotel on their own, e.g. by metro (4 stops = 8 minutes).
Players invited by the organizers will be accommodated in IBIS Stare Miasto Hotel***.
Prices per day (rooms with a bathroom, free Wi-Fi, breakfast included):
single room - 200 PLN (or 50 euros);
twin room (two separate beds) - 120 PLN (or 30 euros) per person.
- b) Organizers' second hotel is Hotel OSiR *** (ul.Polna 7a) at the playing venue. The organizers offer accommodation in Hotel OSiR from 08.7 or 09.07 (arrival) till 17.7 (departure). Website: http://www.osir-polna.pl/ .
The price of accommodation in a twin or triple room (rooms with a bathroom, free Wi-Fi, without breakfast): 640 PLN (or 160 euros) per person for the whole stay (8 days x 80 PLN or 20 euros) or 720 PLN (or 180 euros) per person for the whole stay (9 days x 80 PLN or 20 euros).
Attention: the number of places is limited. They will be provided in the order of applications.
- 12. System and rules of play, time control:
- A, B and C Tournaments: Swiss system, 9 rounds. Time rate: 90 min. for 40 moves + 30 min. for the rest of the game, with an increment of 30 seconds per move starting from move 1.
- D Tournament: Swiss system, 7 rounds. Time rate: 1h for the game (no increment).
- Actual FIDE rules are applied in all tournaments.
- A player who arrives at the round more than 30 minutes after the start of the round loses his game by forfeit.
- Every participant must have a FIDE ID code.
- A player forfeiting a game will be excluded from the tournament unless he/she presents a justification by the end of the round.
- The organizers make every effort to present chess as a model of a fair competition. Significant violations of ethics and principles of sportsmanship will be punished. To protect players from unfair behaviour of other participants of the event, according to FIDE recommendations, the Chief Arbiter shall:
- a) declare a game lost by both players if he is sure the result of the game was pre-arranged. The evaluation of the evidence of the collusion remains at the discretion of the Chief Arbiter;
- b) order, in agreement with the Director of the Festival, a search of a player and his belongings if there is a justified suspicion that the player may be using forbidden assistance from an electronic device or a third party.
- Verification of participation
The list of entries to the Festival will be regularly updated and published on the website www.poloniachess.pl/najdorf2016.
Total cash prize fund is 30000 Euros.
Additional prize fund for ACP Premium Members will published in June 2017.
A Tournament: prize fund 20000 Euros
B Tournament: prize fund 6000 Euros
C Tournament: prize fund 3600 Euros
D Tournament: prize fund 400 Euros
Main prizes A B C
1st place 5000 € 600 € 500 €
2nd place 2600 € 550 € 300 €
3rd place 2000 € 500 € 250 €
4th place 1500 € 450 € 200 €
5th place 1000 € 400 € 200 €
6th place 900 € 350 € 200 €
7th place 850 € 300 € 150 €
8th place 800 € 250 € 150 €
9th place 750 € 200 € 150 €
10th place 700 € 200 € 100 €
11th place 600 € 200 € 100 €
12th place 500 € 150 € 100 €
13th place 400 € 150 € 100 €
14th place 300 € 150 € 100 €
15th place 250 € 150 € 50 €
16th place 200 € 100 € 50 €
17th place 200 € 100 € 50 €
18th place 150 € 100 € 50 €
19th place 150 € 50 € 50 €
20th place 150 € 50 € 50 €
Total 19000 € 5000 € 2900 €
A Tournament - special prizes (total 1000 €)
best woman I - 400 €, II - 200 €
best junior born 1999 or later I - 100 €,
best player FIDE rated below 2300 I - 100 €,
best player FIDE rated below 2400 I - 100 €,
best player FIDE rated below 2500 I - 100 €,
A Tournament – special ACP prizes (details will be published in a separate ACP announcement in June 2017)
In order to be eligible for the ACP prizes, players have to issue their ACP Premium Membership 2017 prior to the start of the tournament.
B Tournament - special prizes (total 1000 €)
best woman I - 200 €, II - 100 €
best senior born 1957 or earlier I - 100 €
best junior born 1999 - 2000 I - 100 €
best girl born 1999 - 2000 I - 100 €
best junior born 2001 - 2002 I - 100 €
best girl born 2001 - 2002 I - 100 €
best junior born 2003 or later I - 50 €
best girl born 2003 or later I - 50 €
best player FIDE rated below 1800 I - 50 €
best player FIDE rated below 2000 I - 50 €
C Tournament - special prizes (total 700 €)
best woman I - 100 €, II - 50 €
best senior born 1957 or earlier I - 100 €, II - 50 €
best junior born 2001 - 2002 I - 50 €
best girl born 2001 - 2002 I - 50 €
best junior born 2003 - 2004 I - 50 €
best girl born 2003 - 2004 I - 50 €
best junior born 2005 or later I - 50 €
best girl born 2005 or later I - 50 €
best player FIDE rated below 1200 I - 50 €
best player FIDE rated below 1400 I - 50 €
In the D Tournament 3 best players will get the right to study at the Polonia Chess School in the 2017/2018 school year free of charge.
D Tournament - special prizes (total 400 €)
best junior born 2007 I - 50 €
best girl born 2007 I - 50 €
best junior born 2008 I - 50 €
best girl born 2008 I - 50 €
best junior born 2009 I - 50 €
best girl born 2009 I - 50 €
best junior born 2010 or later I - 50 €
best girl born 2010 or later I - 50 €
- a) In the D Tournament every child gets a memorable diploma. All children up to 14 years old participating in the Festival get souvenirs;
- b) Prizes will be payed out in Euros
- c) All prizes (except for ACP prizes) are shown before taxes, the income tax of 10% will be deducted, with the exception of prizes below 760 PLN (ca. 170 Euros), which are free of taxation, according to the Polish law.
- d) Prizes are not shared.
- e) Not more than 2 prizes can be given to a player. If he/she wins more prizes, he/she will receive two highest of them; if the values of the alternative prizes are equal, the player receives, if applicable, prizes in the following order:
- I) for the overall place;
- II) for the best girl (in the youngest of applicable age categories);
III) for the best junior (in the youngest of applicable age categories);
- IV) for the best senior born 1956 or earlier;
- V) for the best woman;
VII) in rating groups (the lowest applicable)
- f) Prizes not received personally at the closing ceremony of the Festival are forfeited.
- g) Special prizes will be awarded only if at least 3 players participate in the particular age or rating group.
- a) free accomodation and breakfast at the hotel from 08.07.2017 till 17.07.2017 for 20 players invited by the Organizer;
- b) Lunch and dinner (or a financial compensation) from 08.07.2017 till 17.07.2017 for 20 players invited by the Organizer;
- c) A player getting special conditions is obliged to play all his/her games (or win by forfeit in case his/her opponent doesn't show up).
- a) Players requesting visa-purpose invitations are obliged to stay in one of the Organizers’ official hotels during the Festival.
- b) The condition of issuing the visa-purpose invitation is pre-payment of the starting fee and costs of stay in Hotel IBIS or Hotel OSiR. The visa-purpose invitation will be sent on the ground of that payment. In case the player doesn’t obtain the visa, the payment will be returned to his/her bank account but he/she will be charged bank commission costs.
Players have to insure themselves for health and accident risk.
- Final statements
- a) A player entering the Festival thereby accepts the provisions stated in this General Information.
- b) In cases not covered by the present regulations, the final decision belongs to the Chief Arbiter (in competition-related matters) and the Festival Director (in organizational matters).
The final interpretation of this General Information belongs to the Chief Arbiter (in competition-related matters) and the Festival Director (in organizational matters).
/-/ Maria Macieja